While there might be a lot of bad things on the news these days there are still amazing people in the world doing great things. In this Boston Terrier Society episode, I talk with Jennifer Misfeldt the founder of MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue.
Jennifer and her army of volunteers spend their time literally saving and raising Boston Terriers! There end goal with every Boston they save is to find a loving home for them.
What Is The MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue?
The MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue is a 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation with the sole purpose of saving Boston Terriers from their current situation. Jennifer receives Boston Terriers from a number of sources and for any number of reasons.
Some of the reasons talked about are from breeders who no longer have use for older Boston’s. Another reason a Boston showed up on her doorstep is that a couple had a baby that was allergic to their Boston. At no fault of the dog, they had to get rid of it.
The rescue was founded in November 2005 by Jennifer and the organization has saved over 3,900 Boston Terriers. Below are the stats for the Rescue:
What States Does The Rescue Cover?
The MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue covers the states of Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Minnesota. They do have extended coverage as far out as Utah, Montana, Idaho, Wisconsin, and Arkansas, however, they do require more driving on the adoptors end.
Now on to the episode…
Here is the podcast episode of my Interview with Jennifer, the founder of the MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue, which can be found on YouTube or anywhere you get your podcast.
On These Podcast Platforms
The Boston Terrier Society Podcast can be found anywhere you get your podcast. Here are the top 5 podcast platforms I use to listen to the show. These links will take you directly to the Boston Terrier Society’s channel.
What We Talked About On The Podcast
- Tell me more about MidAmerica’s Boston Terrier Rescues mission?
- Lives Saved
- Number of volunteers
- What states do you cover?
- If someone finds a strayed or homeless Boston what should they do?
- What are some common reasons you find Boston Terriers in your care? Are they given to you because of health problems, people moving, or abandonment?
- How can people adopt from you? What should they do?
- What does it cost someone to adopt a Boston from the rescue?
- What future plans and/or goals do you have for the organization?
- How do you become a foster parent?
- How can fellow Boston lovers support your cause? volunteer, donations, etc.
- Do you take donations other than money? i.e. food, toys, medicine, etc.
- How can people connect with you? Facebook, Twitter, Email.
Contact Information For MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue
- Website: https://www.adoptaboston.com/
- Organizations Phone Number: 402-510-1346
- Organizations Email: email@example.com
- Jennifer’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MidAmerica Boston Terrier Rescue Facebook Page: @MABTR
- Twitter: @adoptaboston
How To Give To The Rescue
Rescuing a Boston Terrier is really an option for anyone, even if your goal is to find a puppy. I was always under the impression rescued dogs were older. But it is possible to find a younger puppy at a rescue like MidAmerica.
If you are at all interested in rescuing a Boston be sure to reach out to this amazing organization.
Do You Have An Interview Recommendation?
I hope you enjoyed this episode on the podcast. If you have someone in mind, I should interview, please reach out to me via the contact form to let me know, contact me here. Thanks for your support!