Are you figuring out what kind of dog treats to get for your Boston Terrier? I surveyed over a thousand Boston owners who voted for their favorite Boston Terrier dog treats.
The following guide is a result of that survey. I am sure it will help you pick the right dog treats for your pet!
Best Dog Treats For Boston Terriers
And just in case you are in a hurry, here are the six top-rated dog treats for Boston Terriers summarized:
- Voters’ Top Pick – Milk-Bone Gravy Bones Dog Treats
- Best Low-Calorie Dog Training Treats – Zuke’s Mini Naturals
- Best Flavor Dog Treats- Pup-Peroni Beef-Flavor Snacks
- Best Soft and Moist Dog Treats – Blue Buffalo Dog Treats
- Best Variety – Bark Box
- Bonus – Bella’s Favorite Treats – Doggy Delirious Limited Ingredients
6 Dog Treats Boston Terriers Love
Based on our research, here are six treats every Boston Terrier will enjoy!
1. Voters’ Top Pick – Milk-Bone Gravy Bones Dog Treats
Almost 18.9% of our surveyed Boston owners preferred Milk-Bone dog treats for their Bostons. This means nearly 189 Boston Terriers were eating these treats.
The best part about these dog treats is they are fortified with 12 vitamins and minerals. They are also available in 4 delicious flavors.
Their crunchy texture is also great for your dog’s teeth (although not a substitute for brushing!)
You can also blindly trust the Milk-Bone brand which has been around for over 100 years!
Buy Milk-Bone dog treats on Amazon here: Milk-Bone Treats
- Good for dog’s teeth – its crunchy texture is perfect for teeth-cleaning
- Fortified – enriched with 12 vitamins and minerals.
- Reputed brand – Milk-Bone has been around since 1908.
- High in calories – almost 45 calories per treat.
2. Best All-Natural Low-Calorie Dog Training Treats – Zuke’s Mini Naturals
If you are not too fond of high-calorie dog treats, then you (and your Boston) will love Zuke’s mini dog training treats. Each treat contains less than three calories, making them the perfect guilt-free reward for training your Bostie.
Almost 5.3% or 53 owners recommended feeding these delicious dog treats to Bostons according to our survey.
Zukes mini naturals are made using peanut butter and oats. They are free from soy, wheat, corn, artificial flavors, and preservatives.
Zukes also source all their raw materials from the USA.
Buy a bag of Zuke’s on Amazon here: Zuke’s Mini Naturals
- Low-in calorie – Each treat contains less than 3 calories
- Soft, chewy texture – great for senior dogs or dogs with dental issues
- Only the good stuff – #1 ingredient is real peanut butter, also fortified with vitamin E and turmeric
- Quality you can trust – Made in the USA
- High cost– On the expensive side but well worth it!
3. Best Flavor in Dog Treats- Pup-Peroni Beef-Flavor Snacks
Pup-Peroni dog treats are made with real beef which most dogs cannot resist. The soft, chewy treats have a mouthwatering aroma that comes from real slow-cooked beef.
Almost 3.5% or 35 surveyors mentioned they were feeding these treats to their Bostons.
Pup-Peroni dog treats are also free from artificial flavors, colors, and fillers and are proudly made in the USA. These low-calorie dog treats contain just 2.5 calories per treat.
Buy a bag of Pup-Peroni on Amazon here: Pup-Peroni Beef-Flavor Snacks
- Great flavor and texture– Delicious beef flavor, and soft, chewy texture
- Free from harmful stuff – No FD&C colors (Food, Dye, & Cosmetics colors) including Red 40.
- Quality you can trust – Made in Utah, USA.
- Break easily – The soft texture causes these treats to break easily during transport.
4. Best Soft & Moist Dog Treats – Blue Buffalo Dog Treats
Blue Buffalo soft and moist dog treats are ideal for dogs who dislike hard or difficult-to-chew treats. Nearly 3% or 30 Bostons were eating these treats, according to our survey.
These all-natural dog treats are also devoid of meat by-products, propylene glycol, and red dye.
Blue Buffalo dog treats also contain DHA which is great for your puppy’s cognition and brain health. Your Boston will love the beefy flavor of Blue Buffalo dog treats.
Buy a bag of Blue Buffalo Treats on Amazon here: Blue Buffalo Dog Treats
- All-natural – with real beef as the #1 ingredient
- Free from harmful stuff – no corn and soy, meat byproducts, red color, and propylene glycol.
- Enriched – DHA-fortified
- Great texture– Soft, moist, tender
- Low-calorie– less than 4 calories per treat making them perfect for dog training.
- Strong smell – some dogs did not like it.
5. Best Variety – Bark Box
Almost 2% or 20 Boston Terrier owners feed these treats to their Bostons.
Bark Box is a subscription-based pet brand that delivers boxes of toys, treats, and chews every month – your Boston will never get bored! You can also customize the boxes based on your dog’s breed and taste preferences.
You can sign up for a Bark Box Subscription on Amazon here: Bark Box Subscription
- Tons of variety – choose from pup macaroons to pumpkin, to beef or turkey jerky
- Monthly delivery – never run out of treats and toys!
- Fun themes – to keep your Boston entertained.
- Not for everyone – Best suited for people who are in the habit of buying tons of treats and toys for their pets.
6. Bonus – Dog Treats That Bella Loves – Doggy Delirious All-Natural Treats
Bella my Boston Terrier loves these peanut butter-flavored treats and so does my daughter (lol!) I have to hide the box! Doggy Delirious limited-ingredient dog treats are perfect for dogs with food sensitivities.
These grain-free treats are also free from corn, soy, and other fillers that can cause upset tummies in dogs. They are also made with 100% natural and organic ingredients sourced from the USA.
Buy Doggy Delirious Treats on Amazon here: Doggy Delirious
- Ingredients you can trust – completely natural and organic and made in the USA.
- Nothing harmful – no corn, soy, grains, or fillers.
- Good for doggy teeth – hard and crunchy texture
- Slightly on the expensive side – but value for money.
Video – Survey Results Discussed On YouTube
Watch this video where I talk about the survey results for, “what treats do you feed your Boston Terrier?” As well as me showing you what each treat looks like in person.
What Dog Treats Do Boston Terriers Like the Most?
The results of my survey of a thousand Boston Terrier owners showed that Milk-Bone is the Boston Terriers’ favorite treat.
I love the fact that the brand has been around for over 100 years – since 1908. So it is a brand America trusts. Their treats are always fresh and soft, and consistently so. Moreover, they don’t cause any digestive issues even in sensitive dogs.
The price of the treats has also held steady at $2 per pound – no nasty surprises like other brands which keep changing the price, taste, or texture of their treats often.
Most Bostons are crazy about Milk-Bone dog treats and they usually won’t get fat from them – as long as you stick to the one-bone-per-day rule.
What NOT to Feed Your Boston Terrier as a Treat?
There is so much variety in dog treats today – from crunchy dog biscuits to soft and chewy meaty treats to dental chews – our Bostons are spoiled for choice.
However, there are three treats to never feed your Boston Terrier:
1. Rawhide Treats
Made using rawhide bones, these chews are extremely tough to bite into. The AKC believes rawhide treats could be a choking hazard to dogs and their chunks could result in intestinal blockages in pets.
2. Grapes and Raisins
Grapes and raisins might seem like natural treats for your Boston but even a single grape or raisin could cause symptoms of poisoning in dogs. These include breathing difficulties, dry nose, vomiting, and, in extreme cases, acute liver failure.
Do not feed nuts to your Boston since they are high in fats and calories. The high-calorie content of nuts could result in obesity and might even lead to other health issues like pancreatitis in dogs.
What Human Food Is Good for a Boston Terrier to Have as a Snack?
Below is a list of human foods that are safe to feed your Boston – in moderation:
- Cheese – As long as your pet isn’t lactose intolerant, you can safely feed it cheese in small quantities. Just remember to only use low-calorie cheeses like cottage cheese.
- Coconut – a few pieces of coconut are great for your Boston. Coconut’s crunchy and hard texture can even clean your pet’s teeth and freshen up its breath. It even contains lauric acid which can benefit your dog’s coat and skin.
- Eggs – Eggs are an (egg)cellent (sorry, couldn’t resist!), protein-rich snack for your Boston. Just make sure to cook them fully since raw eggs could result in biotin deficiency in dogs.
- Peanut butter – in moderation, this is a great protein-rich snack for your Bostie. Make sure you read the food labels and avoid peanut butter containing sugar and xylitol – the latter being toxic to dogs.
Also, check out my guide on Human Foods Safe for Boston Terriers to Eat
Final Thoughts – Best Dog Treats For Boston Terriers
After surveying over 1000 Boston owners, we have concluded that Milk-Bone happens to be Boston Terriers’ favorite treat.
Over 189 Bostons from the survey were eating these treats. The beloved American pet brand has also been around for almost a century and its quality has been consistent.
Do check out my other dog-treat recommendations as well!
And if you want a list of treats for sensitive dogs, then check out this guide.