How did you do on the quiz? Did you do as well as you thought? No matter your score I hope you were able to learn something you might not have. Below are the answers to the quiz.
Want to take the quiz again? Click here to re-take the quiz, Boston Terrier Skills Test.
Questions And Answers
1. Which U.S. President on this list had a Boston Terrier as a pet?
- Richard Nixon
- Gerald Ford (Correct Answer)
- Dwight Eisenhower
- Warren Harding
2. When did the Boston Terrier become recognized by the American Kennel Club?
- 1893 (Correct Answer)
3. What American Kennel Club Group is a Boston Terrier?
- Terrier Group
- Working Group
- Non-Sporting Group (Correct Answer)
- Toy Group
4. What is the Boston Terrier known as?
- The American Gentleman (Correct Answer)
- The Little Dog That Could
- Handsome Devils
- The Boston Puppy
5. Who is the ancestor of the modern Boston Terrier?
- Hooper’s Judge (Correct Answer)
- Jason’s Balto
- Francis Gibson
- Jack Randall
6. What is NOT a standard Boston Terrier color?
- Black & White
- Red & White (Correct Answer)
- Seal & White
- Brindle & White
7. What city did the Boston Terrier originate from?
- Boston (Correct Answer)
8. When was the Boston Terrier Club of America founded?
- 1891 (Correct Answer)
9. Which two breeds make up the Boston Terrier?
- English Bulldog & White English Terrier (Correct Answer)
- English Bulldog & Pug
- White English Terrier & Jack Russell Terrier
- White English Terrier & French Bulldog
10. What was the name of the famous WWI Boston Terrier war hero?
- Sergeant Baxter
- Colonel Rambo
- Sergeant Stubby (Correct Answer)
- General Spot
11. What states uses the Boston Terrier as their state dog?
- Rhode Island
- Massachusetts (Correct Answer)
12. How does the Boston Terrier Standard describe the breed?
- Lively and highly intelligent (Correct Answer)
- Active and fun
- Lively and sensible
- Active and prudent
13. The American Kennel Club divides the Boston Terrier into which three weight classes?
- Under 10 pounds; 10 pounds and under 15 pounds; 15 pounds and not to exceed 20 pounds
- Under 15 pounds; 15 pounds and under 20 pounds; 20 pounds and not to exceed 25 pounds (Correct Answer)
- Under 20 pounds; 20 pounds and under 25 pounds; 25 pounds and not to exceed 30 pounds
- Under 15 pounds; 15 pounds and under 20 pounds; 20 pounds and not to exceed 30 pounds
14. Which of these universities has a Boston Terrier as their mascot?
- Yale University
- Carnegie Melon University
- Boston University (Correct Answer)
- Harvard University
15. Which of these names has once been used to describe a Boston Terrier?
- Roundheads (Correct Answer)
- American Terriers
- Freedom Pups
- Boston Hams
16. Approximately what year did the Boston Terrier originate?
- 1870 (Correct Answer)
17. What were the names of the original sire and dam of Boston Terriers?
- Maximillian & Princess
- Hooper’s Judge & Abagail
- Hopper’s Judge & Burnett’s Gyp (Correct Answer)
- Sam’s Barton & Sara’s Ava
18. The Boston Terrier Club was originally called which name?
- American Bull Terrier Club (Correct Answer)
- American Roundheads Club
- American Gentlemen’s Club
- American Boston Terrier Club
19. Which famous person in history owned a Boston Terrier?
- Mark Twain
- Helen Keller (Correct Answer)
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Elon Musk
20. What dog breed is a Boston Terrier continually mistaken for? (At least in my experience)
- Bichon Frise
- French Bulldog (Correct Answer)
- Australian Terrier
- American Hairless Terrier
21. A spot on top of a Boston Terriers’ head is known as?
- A Disqualifying Mark
- Mark of Death
- Samuels Spot
- Haggerty Spot (Correct Answer)
22. Is A Boston Terrier a Terrier? (As defined by an AKC grouping)
- No (Correct Answer)
23. What is the approximate life span of a Boston Terrier?
- 7 to 9 years
- 11 to 15 years (Correct Answer)
- 12 to 20 years
- 15 to 25 years
24. Do you have to dock the tail of a purebred Boston Terrier?
- No (Correct Answer)
25. As a brachycephalic breed, this means Boston Terriers have?
- A Short Tail
- A Big Head
- A Sturdy Build
- A Flat Nose (Correct Answer)
Once again, I hope you enjoyed this quiz and learned something. If you would like to learn even more about Boston Terriers be sure to check out other articles written here on Boston Terrier Society by scrolling down.
Also, subscribe to the Boston Terrier Society’s newsletter to stay in the loop on community events and contests as well as the release of interviews. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter, Boston Terrier Society’s Newsletter.
Other Articles And Quizzes You May Like To Check Out
- Quiz: Is This A Boston Terrier Or Frech Bulldog
- Quiz: Is A Boston Terrier Right for Me
- 20+ Vintage Boston Terrier Photos
- Boston Terrier Zoomies Explained
- 15 Interesting Facts About Boston Terriers