Are you looking for a quick and simple snack for your dog? Here is a unique treat idea for your fur baby, FROZEN APPLES. While you could give them an apple freezing them gives the treat a new dimension. Plus, it helps limit the juice all over the floor.
- Apples…that is it. Nothing else.
- Cutting Board
- Cut one apple into 1/8th-inch slices, or chunks if your dog will enjoy wedges more than slices. Cut the center with all the seeds out so your dog does not eat this.
- Place slices onto a plate (only if you are slicing one apple, multiple apples will need to be placed on a cookie sheet).
- Put plated apple slices in the freezer for two hours or until frozen.
- Give to your Dog and watch them scarf them down.
Can Dogs Eat Apples?
Yes! Bella, my Boston Terrier, loves apples as a snack. Just like anything in life, too many apples could cause stomach issues, but an apple a day will be ok.
Why I Like These Treats
This is a perfect treat anytime you want to mix things up with your Dog. Yes, you could simply give them an apple. However, freezing the apple gives it a new texture. Plus on a hot day, a frozen treat is enjoyable.
Giving Bella a frozen apple helps eliminate all the juice she usually gets all over our floors because she scarfs the apple down before it has time to thaw out.
Words Of Caution
One thing you can not do. Once you freeze the apples, you can not thaw them out again. If you do let the apples thaw, they will look like brown mush on a plate. Once frozen, they must stay frozen.
Also, if you plan on saving these treats, be sure to put them in a freezer-safe container or baggie. I have never personally saved these treats over an extended period. I think you would be ok to keep these treats in a freezer for a few weeks in a freezer-safe storage container or baggie.
Use this treat idea on hot days or anytime you want to give an ice treat to your dog.